FREE youth program in Houston & San Antonio
Program Dates & Locations
- San Antonio, TX: September 15 – 17, 2023
- Friday: 5:00 PM – 10:30 PM
- Saturday: 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday: 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Who is PuroPREP Weekend for?
Young people ages 12 – 19 and young parents up to 20 years who want to learn about how to have healthy relationships and achieve their goals.
What will we do during a PuroPREP class?
- Talk about relationships, our goals, and our future
- Play interactive games
- Watch music videos and hear stories
- Do fun activities like trivia, art projects, scavenger hunts, etc.
What will young people learn at PuroPREP Weekend?
- How to start and maintain healthy relationships
- How to set realistic expectations
- How to communicate better
- How to tell if your relationship is healthy
- How to stand up for yourself in relationships
- How to recognize red flags and warning signs in your relationships
- How to get along better with your boyfriend or girlfriend, friends, and family
- How to achieve your education, employment, and relationship goals
What can we expect at PuroPREP Weekend?
- Free food
- Prizes and giveaways
- A mix of structured learning, fun, and games
- Opportunities to make new friends with other teens around your age
How do I sign-up?
How is PuroPREP Days free?
Yes! Thanks to the support of our funders, this program is completely free to the community.
Can I bring my friends and family to PuroPREP Weekend?
If your friends are between the ages of 12-19 years, please invite them to come with you. Be sure they register.
What if I cannot attend the entire event (all 3 days)?
Each day will have lessons that build upon one another, so we ask that you commit to coming to all three days. This is an investment in your future! If you cannot attend the entire event, please contact us to ask about other upcoming Puro PREP program opportunities.
What if I have food allergies?
Please contact our event coordinators at 713-730-9852 to discuss this further.
Is transportation provided?
Transportation is not provided. If getting to and from PuroPREP Weekend is a barrier to attending, please contact us to explore other options.
“At PuroPREP, I learned about things that you don’t learn anywhere else…things that will help me have my best future.” – Alex R., 12 years old
Contact Us – National Alliance for Hispanic Families (NAHF)
Text or Call: (713) 730-9852
The production of this website was made possible by Grant Number 90AK0086 from the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the National Alliance for Hispanic Families and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families.